Softphone example source

Jan 30, 2010 at 3:18 PM

Hi, SIP Sorcerers!

I downloaded the lastest change set (#37728), and tried to build softphone example to get a quick overview of SIPSorcery library possibilities. But... it doesn't compile. There are a lot of errors, like a "'SIPSorcery.Net.STUNClient' does not contain a constructor that takes '2' arguments", "The best overloaded method match for 'SIPSorcery.SIP.SIPTransport.SIPTransport(SIPSorcery.SIP.ResolveSIPEndPointDelegate, SIPSorcery.SIP.SIPTransactionEngine, SIPSorcery.SIP.SIPChannel, bool)' has some invalid arguments" and so on.

Looks like the main library was changed rather seriously, and the softphone application is still using some old version of it. Can you please tell me, where can I download the buildable softphone example, or - vice versa - the old version of SIPSorcery library, suitable for that softphone example...

Thanks in advance!

Coordinator
Feb 1, 2010 at 2:34 PM
Edited Feb 1, 2010 at 2:34 PM

I'll fix up the softphone code tomorrow, I haven't looked at that for quite a while now.

The project is not much good apart from as a very basic example of how to use the sipsorcery SIP stack. I never got motivated to take it any further as there are so many softphones already out there. That means it's a SIP only softphone so no audio, no speakers, no microphone etc. Basically completely useless as a softphone.

Regards.

Feb 5, 2010 at 5:39 PM

Thanks, Aaron!

Apr 8, 2010 at 1:31 AM

Aaron:

Thank you for your good work on Sipsorcery work.  I am very happy with the Sipsorcery and have recommended it to a number of my friends.  However, I am yet to find a good (free) softphone.  The main problem is the background noise, especially during silence intervals.  Can you point me to a good one?  Thanks.

Coordinator
Apr 8, 2010 at 2:27 AM

It depends if you require a free open source softphone or just a free one. As far as free ones go xlite (http://www.counterpath.com/x-lite.html) is the best. As for open source ones I don't know of any off hand but they are around.

Apr 8, 2010 at 7:18 PM

Aaron:

Thank you for your reply.  I am only looking for a softphone.  X-Lite free is not bad but there are always some background noise that does not exist when I use an ATA adapter.  I think the issue is the silence detection and thresholding.  Seems no free softphone has that functionality.

Jul 24, 2010 at 6:22 PM

Hi Can you post the softphone code? I am looking for some code snippets to begin with.

Coordinator
Jul 25, 2010 at 2:35 AM

The softphone sample code is checked in and available in the softphone project. There's not really much there to tell the truth and the purpose of that code is to provide a basic example of how to use the sipsorcery SIP stack rather than a fully fledged softphone.