Audio Question

Feb 3, 2015 at 5:52 PM
Great work for putting this together.

My Question is around Audio.
I understand the NAT and SIP potential problem . However I wanted to ask you if the Sample provided in the code base SIPSorcery.SoftPhone has working audio as well. I mean if its tested with Audio in a non- Nat'ed environment.
Coordinator
Feb 4, 2015 at 11:04 AM
Yes it should do. The audio works for me when I test calls between the softphone sample code and my Cisco IP phone or a 3rd party softphone on the same PC.

If you're not interested in video at all then you may be better off looking at the Softphone project and not the SoftphoneV2 project. The latter is more complicated due to the extra work to incorporate video.

Both the projects use the NAudio (http://naudio.codeplex.com/) project to render the audio. I am currently messing around with Microsoft's Media Foundation and may end up switching over to it at some stage just for fun.
Feb 4, 2015 at 6:01 PM
Thanks

I think your softphone source (sipsorcery-softphone) has some sort of discrepency it compiles fine but does not send any audio nor receive anything.

However your exe package works fine.

I thought maybe the I need to replace the dll's by using your exe package dlls. When I do that it gives me a specific error saying

m_rtpChannel.OnFrameReady += RTPChannelSampleReceived;
Error 1 'SIPSorcery.Net.RTPChannel' does not contain a definition for 'OnFrameReady' and no extension method 'OnFrameReady' accepting a first argument of type 'SIPSorcery.Net.RTPChannel' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Personal\SipSocery\sipsorcery_source2\sipsorcery-softphone\SIPSorcery.SoftPhone\AudioChannel.cs 92 26 SIPSorcery.SoftPhone

As you can see your SipSocery.Net is either different of I am missing something

I also compared the Logs generated by both.

I see that in AudioChanel class event RTPChannelSampleAvailable Handler has this line -> m_rtpChannel.SendRTPRaw(sample); Which actually does nothing .

Could you shed some light on it

Thanks
Coordinator
Feb 9, 2015 at 9:01 AM
Yes that will be because I've done some work to the RTP channel code but have not tested it with the original softphone project. Once I moved onto the video softphone project I haven't spent much time with the original audio only one.

If you checkout the source from around the "Dec 19, 2013 8:16 PM" commit the audio should work on the softphone.