How to Build from Source

May 14, 2014 at 3:49 AM
Are there any instructions on building these solutions from source? I pulled them all into VS 2013 and Core won't build.

Error 8 Error 175: The ADO.NET provider with invariant name 'MySql.Data.MySqlClient' is either not registered in the machine or application config file, or could not be loaded. See the inner exception for details. SipSorcery\sipsorcery-core\SIPSorcery.Entities\SIPEntities.edmx 7 5 SIPSorcery.Entities (SIPSorcery.Entities\SIPSorcery.Entities)

Error 78 Schema specified is not valid. Errors:
SIPEntities.ssdl(2,83) : error 0175: The specified store provider cannot be found in the configuration, or is not valid. SIPSorcery.Entities.Client
Coordinator
May 14, 2014 at 4:58 AM
There is a document in the root of the source tree called "SIP Sorcery Developer Guide" which may help you although it is a bit out of date.

The solution to your build error is to install the MySQL .Net library from http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/.
May 14, 2014 at 3:33 PM
Installing the MySQL.Net library is required just to build it? I was hoping just to grab the MySQL NuGet package. We have rules against installing software on our build servers, as all dependencies are managed by the build process.

Does that document describe the various SLN files? Ideally, each standalone app will generate its own NuGet package, with interdependencies managed in the package's manifest.
Coordinator
May 14, 2014 at 11:49 PM
You don't necessarily need to run the MySql Dot Net Connector. The required MySql dll's should be in the "stable" directory in the source code's root directory. Change the reference in the SIPSorcery.Persistence project to point to the dll's there instead.

The reason to run the Dot Net Connector install is to allow the Entity Framework model to be edited. However I doubt you will be changing the sipsorcery database schema so you can skip it.
May 15, 2014 at 5:31 PM
Would it be possible for you to build the latest source and maybe release it as a BETA? I'd love to check out the new features that have been added since v1.2 but I run OS X and don't have access to build anything on the windows server I have access to.
Coordinator
May 16, 2014 at 3:20 AM
The sipsorcery-servers\build directory has the latest binaries. You should be able to run sipsorcery-allinone.exe -c to use the latest features.