Using SIPTransport Class

Sep 26, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Hello,

I am referring SIPSorcery-Silverlight-Core.sln and  SoftPhone Solution to make the SIP / VOIP Client for Windows Phone 7,

Have following doubt,

1 -- Seeing SoftPhone project source code, it seems, SIPTransport Layer Application should define, doesn't it ? or SIP Stack have its own default Transport layer if its not taken care by Application,

2 -- The above question arises when 

a  ) i tried to compile Soft phone source code for Windows, but it didn't compile ..

b ) I am referring , SIPSORCERY-Silverlight-Core.sln to make use it on the Window Phone 7

Coordinator
Sep 27, 2012 at 12:12 PM

1. The application must define it's own SIPTransport layer including adding at least one SIPChannel. Typically you would add a SIPDUPChannel for port 5060 as a minimum since it's the default SIP port but some applications, especially, clients may desire to use different ports or channels.

2. The softphone project uses some Windows OS stuff to access audio devices so I wouldn't expect that to work on Windows Phone. The recommended approach would be to start a new softphone from scratch for Windows Phone and base the SIP mechanisms on those found in the sipsorcery-softphone project.

Sep 27, 2012 at 1:51 PM

I am going ahead with the same thing, 

While adding SIP Channel, it seems, SIPUDPChannel also needs to be port on Windows Phone 7 Platform, hope i am doing right way. 

Need some more clarity on the recommended approach ? 

The Approach what we are following is, 

1 -- Ported SipSorcery-Silverlight-core solution to Windows Phone 7 , 

2 -- trying to follow SipSorcery-Softphone as a base ..... 

Hope this is what you recommend.. 

Coordinator
Oct 3, 2012 at 10:30 AM

That is the approach I'd recommend. 

Is the problem that Windows Phone 7 doesn't support UDP? If not you can always exclude the SIPUDPChannel class from the sipsorcery-silverlight-core solution and exclusively use a TCP SIP transport channel instead.