SIPEntitiesDomainContext is Missing.

Sep 21, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Hello,

I wanted to build SIP Client for Window 7 , while using the solutions file SIPSorcery-Silverlight.sln, it seems it couldn't load properly,

its saying SIPEntitiesDomainContext and also test project also it couldn't load, any idea, from where i should get that...

Coordinator
Sep 21, 2012 at 2:00 PM

There's no point building that solution, it's not a SIP client it's a Silverlight management application. What you want to attempt to build is the SIPSorcery-Silverlight-Core.sln, it's the one that contains the SIP stack and could form the basis of a softphone.

Sep 21, 2012 at 2:40 PM

thanks aaronc,

if this is so, then what would be the best way to build and debug the softphone application on Win 7 platform,

and also what is the entry point or where i can find the API list to form a Softphone if i build SIPSorcey-Silverlight-Core.sln,

Basically i need to make softphone for Window phone 7 using SIPSorcey, before that i was trying to build it for Window 7 and understand the basic building blocks of it

Coordinator
Sep 23, 2012 at 1:06 PM

The sipsorcery-softphone project has an example softphone that demonstrates how to use the SIPSorcery SIP stack. However if you are still targeting Windows 7 Phone then your biggest challenge will be how to hook into the audio and/or video processing capabilities of the platform. My sample softphone uses standard Windows APIs for audio processing and I don't know how that will translate to the mobile phone Windows version.

Sep 24, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Thanks aaronc,

I am starting with the "SIPSorcery-Silverlight-Core" and was able to compile those on WP7, while referring the soft-phone source code, have following doubts,

1 -- Its asking for the SIPDNSManager, it seems, in SoftPhone source "SIPSorcery-Core" being used, while i am using "SIPSorcery-SilverLight",

2 -- "SIPSorcery-Silverlight-App" it seems using Socket Layer, at the application level,

We wanted to know, should be go ahead with the "SIPSorcery-Silverlight-Core" or "SIPSorcery-Core" ? 

are there any logical difference between these two ? to me it seems , transport is inside " SIPSorcery-Silverlight-Core" while in "SIPSorcery-Core" its part of  application

Thanks again in Advance ... :)