Sipsoecery Softphone Problem

Aug 29, 2013 at 7:56 AM
At first many many thanks for your sipsorcery sip stack that i have used for making a desktop dialer in c#. For this i have downloaded your softphone source and slightly modified that .
Now i can handle
  1. Can registration into my server (domain name "192.168.1.5")
  2. Can make call (just like your softphone)
Those i cant handle
  1. Cant receive the incoming call as i dont want to use your sip account or i dont want to register into your sipsorcery.com.
  2. After firing the answer button in the Wirshek it shows rtp packets are coming from other end but my softphone cant receieve or sent any rtp.
Please sir give me a easy solution as i am new in VOIP technology. Sir i will be very greatfull to you for the rest of my life.
Coordinator
Aug 29, 2013 at 11:07 AM
You don't need to register in order to be able to receive an incoming call. Registration merely lets a server know where to send an INVITE request. if you already know the SIP socket of your softphone you can send the INVITE request directly to it without needing to register anywhere.

For the second issue can you post a trace of the SIP traffic for the incoming call. If the softphone doesn't start sending RTP my guess would be it didn't get or couldn't understand the SDP payload in the INVITE request.
Aug 29, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Thank You sir for your reply . actually i have solved that issue. But the thing is i have to use g.729 instead of g.711 . Can you please tell me what i have to do now for this into your softphone project instead of Naudio API .

Regards
Walid-Al-Naim
Coordinator
Aug 29, 2013 at 12:27 PM
You will need to find a code example or library that implements the G729 codec. I don't know of one off hand sorry. Also be aware that using G729 requires you to purchase a license from the patent holder which normally seems to be around $10 or so per client.
Sep 4, 2013 at 7:53 AM
Sir thanks again for your reply . I have managed the G729 codec library which is in c++ . Does your stack(sdp) support g729 actually do i need to change any thing or add . I have seen that in your SDPmidiaFormat.cs there is no enum(SDPMediaFormatsEnum) for G729 . Please sir can you tell me exactly what i need to do .

Regards
Walid-Al-Naim
Coordinator
Sep 5, 2013 at 11:18 AM
In the SIPSorcery.Net.SDPMediaFormat file add a G729 option to the SDPMediaFormatsEnum. Actually I went ahead and did that for you so it's now in the latest source.