Where to configure Accounts detail

Oct 29, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Hello,

I am using SIPSorcery-Silverlight-Core Solutions,for client stack and have our own server,

I have following details,

Server IP Address  : XYZ.XYZ.XYZ.XYZ.PORT

User Id and domain name : userid@domainName.com 

display name 

I could able to find out display name , port no , user id , but bit confused about domain name and server address,

can anyone help me, where i can configure these two.

Coordinator
Nov 1, 2012 at 11:12 AM

To place a call you need to use SIPSorcery.SIP.App.SIPClientUserAgent and the Call method requires a SIPCallDescriptor object. In that objects is where you put everything needed for the call: server address, authentication information etc.

If you want to register you need to use SIPSorcery.SIP.App.SIPRegistrationUserAgent and in that case you pass the authentication username and password in the contructor.

Nov 5, 2012 at 6:08 AM

Thanks aaronc,

Actual i am referring two project, SIPSorcery-softPhone & SIPSorcery.sipClient, but i didn't get any real time example, how this can be done, am i missing something ?

Coordinator
Nov 5, 2012 at 9:15 AM

By "real time example" do you mean Real-time Transfer Protocol (RTP)? I haven't tweaked that to work on top of Silverlight and I don't think there would be a lot fo point in doing so. Silverlight doesn't support UDP so there are going to be very few SIP clients that a Silverlight SIP phone would be able to communicate with, if any.

Nov 5, 2012 at 12:20 PM

No i mean any sample code, where i can refer how to proceed,

What i am trying to do is, Referring Silverlight-Core.sln and trying to port it to the Windows Phone 7 as an Silverlight application,

I am assuming the flow would be following,

1 --- Create SIPClient user agent,

2 -- Create SIPRigistrationUserAgent for regiestration,

3 -- There will be binding between these two , that should be used, when this phone trying to call any other destination ... .

Coordinator
Nov 6, 2012 at 9:39 AM

SIP calls and registrations are separate SIP functions and one doesn't necessarily depend on the other (some providers do require a valid registration as part of the call authorisation process but that's not a standard SIP mechanism). The purpose of SIP registrations is to let a SIP server know how to contact a user agent so incoming calls can be sent to it.

To place outgoing calls you don't need to be registered and in this case you could create a new SIPClientUserAgent with the server details and credentials configured in the calldescriptor object you pass to it.