Feasibility of Getting it done on Windows Phone 7

Sep 19, 2012 at 9:08 AM

Hello,

Is it possible to use This code base for Windows Phone ( we are intersted only the the client part ) ?

When we had a quick look at code, it seems entire code comes as a Client + server and doesn't seems to be an isolated client module, which can be used / ported over windows phone 7.

Any views / help appreciated ... .

Coordinator
Sep 19, 2012 at 11:53 AM

I've never checked but quite possibly the answer is yes. In the sipsorcery-silverlight directory there is a source tree that compiles and runs within the Silveright browser environment. I suspect Windows 7 and Silverlight would have fairly similar capabilities as far as the core .Net framework bits go.

Sep 19, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Thanks Aaron, for your response, 

have some more question, 

Going through code it seems, i need to download this trunk "sipsorcery-silverlight component" as its mentioned this is the client application, 

but we are interested more in the core part and wanted to write our own UI, is it possible to segregate it, i.e. just isolated SIP Library for client 

Please let me know, am  i doing it right way ? 

Coordinator
Sep 20, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Try and build the SIPSorcery-Silverlight-Core.sln solution. It's the one that contains the SIP stack that's used with Silverlight and does not have any GUI components. The projects in that solution link to class files in the sipsorcery-core directory so you'll need to check that out as well. If you can build that solution for Windows 7 it means the core SIP stack will work.

Sep 20, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Thanks aaronc, i will give it a try ....